Apricot-Almond Ice Cream Sandwiches
Belgian almond-butter thins (such as those made by Jules Destrooper) are very thin and crisp and rectangular in shape; look for them at supermarkets and specialty food stores.
- Servings: 12
Source: Dinner at Home
- 1/4 cup warm brandy
- 1 cup dried apricots, finely chopped (1/2 cup)
- 2 tablespoons apricot jam
- Unsalted butter, for baking dish
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream, softened
- 16 to 24 almond-butter thins
In a bowl, pour brandy over apricots; let sit 1 minute, then stir in jam to combine. Refrigerate 5 minutes.
Butter an 8-inch-square baking dish. Line with parchment paper, leaving a 4-inch overhang. Fold the apricot mixture into ice cream to cover completely; freeze until firm, about 50 minutes.
To assemble, cut the ice cream into pieces to match the cookies, and layer to form sandwiches.