Winner Winner Chicken Dinner
This delicious and easy-to-prepare recipe comes from Pam Glynn, the winner of the "Mad Hungry" TV Weeknight Dinner Challenge.
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons paprika: smoked, spicy, or a blend of the two
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 whole chicken, about 3 pounds, cut into 10 pieces
- 2 cans garbanzo beans or white beans, drained
- 2 pints cherry or grape tomatoes
Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
Mix the marinade: olive oil, garlic, paprika, cumin, red pepper, cilantro (or parsley), salt, and pepper in a bowl. Using zip-top bags or a large container suitable for marinating, combine marinade, chicken, beans, and tomatoes, ensuring that everything, especially the chicken, is evenly coated with the marinade. Let marinate a few hours, all day, or overnight.
When ready to cook, dump contents into large roasting pan. Roast 20-30 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and browned, and tomatoes have burst and caramelized.