Stir-In Variations for Fudge
Choose any of the following ingredients to make a custom batch of fudge.
Source: Martha Stewart Living, April 2006
- 1 tablespoon whiskey
- 1 cup dried cherries, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut, lightly toasted
- 1 cup shelled pistachios, toasted and chopped
- 1 cup shelled macadamia nuts, toasted and chopped
- 1 cup walnut halves, toasted and chopped
Follow instructions for chocolate or vanilla fudge. If using whiskey, stir it in during step 4, and proceed with recipe. If using solid ingredients, stir them in during step 5, when the mixture begins to thicken but is still shiny, after you have been stirring for about 3 minutes. Continue to stir until incorporated and mixture loses its sheen and lightens in color, about 2 minutes more. Proceed with recipe.