Cucumber Rice Sandwiches
Throw an East-meets-West tea party and serve these light, rice-and-cucumber tea sandwiches that pairs well with Sweet Hibiscus Tea.
- Yield: Makes 32
Source: Martha Stewart Kids, Spring
- 4 cups cooked warm sushi rice
- 2 1/2 tablespoons rice-wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 English (hothouse) cucumber, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
Line 8-inch-square glass baking dish with plastic. Toss warm rice with vinegar and salt in a large bowl. Firmly press half into dish. Spread with 1/4 cup cream cheese. Layer half the cucumber slices on top, overlapping. Repeat. Cover with plastic; top with a weighted baking dish. Refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight.
Lift out; transfer to cutting board. Cut into 1-by-2-inch rectangles. Dip 1 short and 1 long side of each sandwich in sesame seeds. Serve within 4 hours.