Lighter Chocolate Cinnamon Pudding
- Servings: 6
Source: Martha Stewart Living, January 2006
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 6 tablespoons light-brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened Dutch-process cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups skim milk
- 1/2 cup evaporated skim milk
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- White- and milk-chocolate shavings, for garnish
- Cinnamon sticks, for garnish
Whisk cornstarch, sugar, cocoa powder, cinnamon, and salt in a medium saucepan. Add milks, whisking. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, whisking constantly. Cook until thickened, about 1 minute. Whisk in chocolate; cook until chocolate has melted, about 1 minute.
Divide evenly among six 4-ounce cups. To prevent a skin from forming, press plastic wrap onto surface of pudding. Refrigerate until set, at least 1 hour and up to overnight. Serve garnished with chocolate shavings and cinnamon sticks.