Lighter Chocolate Cinnamon Pudding
Whole milk and cream -- usually found in most pudding recipes are traded for skim milk and evaporated skim milk here, giving the pudding body without fat. But there's no need to skimp on the standout ingredient: chocolate.
- Servings: 6
Source: Martha Stewart Living, January 2006
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 6 tablespoons light-brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened Dutch-process cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups skim milk
- 1/2 cup evaporated skim milk
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- White- and milk-chocolate shavings, for garnish
- Cinnamon sticks, for garnish
Whisk cornstarch, sugar, cocoa powder, cinnamon, and salt in a medium saucepan. Add milks, whisking. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, whisking constantly. Cook until thickened, about 1 minute. Whisk in chocolate; cook until chocolate has melted, about 1 minute.
Divide evenly among six 4-ounce cups. To prevent a skin from forming, press plastic wrap onto surface of pudding. Refrigerate until set, at least 1 hour and up to overnight. Serve garnished with chocolate shavings and cinnamon sticks.