Fresh-Tuna Nicoise Salad
This is a popular salad at some restaurants, with the tuna usually served pink.
- Servings: 8
Source: Martha Stewart Living, June 1996
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus more for the grill
- 3 eight-ounce tuna steaks (1/2 inch thick)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 24 ripe cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 7 scallions, trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch lengths
- 6 cups watercress leaves, torn in pieces
- 3 teaspoons capers
- 1/2 cup Nicoise olives, pitted
- 3 anchovy fillets, rinsed, dried, and minced
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons Nicoise Vinaigrette
Brush grill lightly with oil. Heat grill to medium-hot. Rub tuna with oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Sear tuna until just pink in center, 3 to 3 1/2 minutes per side. Slice across into 1/4-inch strips.
Toss tuna, tomatoes, scallions, watercress, capers, olives, and anchovies with vinaigrette. Serve at room temperature.