Under 30 Minutes
Spiced Avocado Sandwich
Use green Tabasco sauce, which is made with jalapenos. It has a kick like red Tabasco, but doesn't taste quite as vinegary. Per serving: 353 calories; 9 g protein; 17 g fat; 48 g carbs; 13 g fiber.
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon green Tabasco sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup yellow grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 small cucumber, peeled, halved lengthwise, seeded, and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 large or 2 small radishes, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 whole-wheat pitas (6 inches each), top third cut off
Halve and pit avocado. With a spoon, scoop out avocado flesh, cut into chunks, and transfer to a medium bowl. Add orange juice, Tabasco sauce, and coriander; season with salt and pepper. Mix gently to combine.
Add tomatoes, cucumber, and radish. Combine, and divide mixture between 2 pitas. Serve immediately.