Under 30 Minutes
Corn on the Cob with Cheesy Butter
For a nifty, hands-on way to coat corn, pack the butter mixture into a plastic-lined ramekin and chill; then let guests roll their own corn in the butter.
- 6 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 1 cup finely shredded Monterey Jack cheese (2 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 8 ears corn, shucked, ends trimmed, cut into thirds
In a small bowl, stir together butter and cheeses; season with salt and pepper. Line a 4-ounce ramekin or custard cup with plastic wrap, leaving an overhang. Pack in butter mixture; smooth top. Cover with overhang, and refrigerate until firm, at least 1 hour and up to 1 week.
In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook corn until tender, 2 to 4 minutes; drain. Invert butter onto a small plate, and remove plastic. Serve corn with cheesy butter alongside for rolling.
SourceEveryday Food, June 2008