Corn and Couscous Salad
This recipe is from the "Martha Stewart's Dinner at Home" cookbook.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Photography: ANTONIS ACHILLEOS
Source: Martha Stewart Living, September 2003
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 teaspoons grainy mustard
- 1 tablespoon white-wine or sherry vinegar
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup couscous
- 1 Vidalia or other sweet onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red chile, minced (optional)
- 3 cups fresh corn kernels (about 4 cobs)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
In a medium bowl, whisk together curry powder, mustard, and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper. While whisking, slowly drizzle in 3 tablespoons oil; whisk until emulsified. Set aside.
Place couscous in a large bowl. Bring 1 cup water to a boil; pour over couscous; stir to combine. Cover with a plate; let steam until water is absorbed, about 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork; set aside.
Heat remaining tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, and cook, stirring, until softened, about 4 minutes. Stir in garlic and chile; cook, stirring, until softened, about 2 minutes. Add corn, and cook until bright yellow and just tender, about 2 minutes. Stir corn mixture into couscous. Add curry vinaigrette and cilantro; toss to combine. Serve warm or at room temperature.