Romaine, Avocado, and Corn Salad
In this colorful salad, buttery avocado and sweet cherry tomatoes are a perfect match for fresh corn kernels.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, September 2003
- 1/2 head romaine lettuce, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted, and cubed
- 1 to 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
In a bowl combine the romaine, corn, and cherry tomatoes.
Add 3/4 cup of avocado. Place the remaining avocado in a blender along with 1/3 cup water, lime juice, and chili powder; season with salt and pepper.
Pour dressing over the salad; toss gently.