Under 30 Minutes
Romaine, Avocado, and Corn Salad
Corn is in season from May through September but is at its peak in most places in late summer. Of the many varieties of sweet corn, the most commonly found are yellow, white, and bicolor (yellow and white).
- 1/2 head romaine lettuce, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted, and cubed
- 1 to 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
In a bowl combine the romaine, corn, and cherry tomatoes.
Add 3/4 cup of avocado. Place the remaining avocado in a blender along with 1/3 cup water, lime juice, and chili powder; season with salt and pepper.
Pour dressing over the salad; toss gently.
SourceEveryday Food, September 2003