Pumpkin Tart with Press-In Shortbread Tart Shell
This satiny pumpkin filling finds a perfect partner in our shortbread crust, which is surprisingly simple to make.
- Yield: Makes one 10-inch tart
Source: Martha Stewart Living, November 2009
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Press-In Shortbread Pie Crust
- Whipped cream, for serving (optional)
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Whisk together pumpkin, heavy cream, sugar, vanilla, salt, cinnamon, ginger, allspice, and eggs in a large bowl. Pour filling into prepared pie crust.
Place dish on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake, rotating halfway through, until filling is just set and slightly puffed but still a bit wobbly, 55 to 60 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack, and let cool completely. Refrigerate, uncovered, for at least 6 hours. Serve chilled, topped with whipped cream if desired.