Chicken Salad with Mango and Mint
When buying jicama, look for smooth, relatively unblemished roots with thin skin and juicy flesh. To peel the ginger, use the edge of a spoon.
- Servings: 6
Source: Martha Stewart Living, June 2005
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 12 mint leaves, roughly chopped, plus sprigs for garnish
- 1-inch piece ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 2 whole boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 6 ounces sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 4 cups well-washed and -dried arugula leaves
- 1/4 pound pea shoots
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 small jicama, peeled and julienned
- 1 small ripe mango, peeled, pitted and julienned
- 6 lavash flatbreads
In a blender, combine lime juice, lemon juice, oil, soy sauce, honey, mint, and ginger. Process dressing until smooth. Set aside.
Place chicken in a medium stockpot. Add enough water to cover by 1 inch. Bring to a boil. Lower heat, and simmer until cooked through, about 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer chicken to a medium bowl; allow to cool slightly. Shred chicken, and toss with all but 2 tablespoons of dressing. Set aside.
While the chicken is cooking, prepare an ice bath. Set aside. Bring a medium saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add snap peas, and cook for 30 seconds. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to ice bath to cool.
In a medium bowl, combine snap peas, arugula, and pea shoots. Toss with 2 tablespoons of dressing. Season with salt and pepper.
Add jicama and mango to chicken. Toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Cover each lavash with arugula mixture. Divide chicken salad between lavash. Roll up to enclose filling. Cut each lavash in half on the diagonal, and serve.