Serve this creamy dip with our Sesame Crunch Sticks.
- Yield: Makes 1 3/4 cups
Source: Martha Stewart Living, January 2003
- 1 can (15 1/2 ounces) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 large or 2 small garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- Pinch of ground cumin
- Pinch of ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons of tahini (sesame-seed paste)
- 1 tablespoon water, plus more as needed
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon coarse salt
Combine all ingredients in the bowl of a food processor; pulse until smooth and creamy, adding more water if needed. Transfer to a serving dish or airtight container, and place in the refrigerator, covered, until ready to serve, up to 5 days. Serve chilled or at room temperature.