Heart-Shaped Chocolate Chip Cookie
This heart-shaped chocolate chip cookie makes a sweet treat for your special someone.
- Yield: Makes one 12 1/2-inch tart
Source: Martha Stewart Living Television
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for coating pan
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature, plus more for buttering pan
- 3/4 cup packed dark-brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 11 ounces (2 cups) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Ganache for Heart-Shaped Chocolate Chip Cookies
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 12 1/2-inch heart-shaped cake pan. Dust the bottom and sides with flour; tap to remove any excess. Set aside. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
In a large bowl using a wooden spoon, combine the butter, both sugars, and vanilla; beat until fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add the egg, and mix until combined. Add the reserved dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
Using your fingers, press dough into the bottom of the prepared pan in an even layer. Bake until light golden brown, about 25 minutes. Transfer to wire rack to cool, about 10 minutes. Invert pan to release cookie and return to wire rack to cool completely, top side up. Allow to cool completely before decorating.
Transfer ganache to a medium pastry bag fitted with an Ateco plain #7 tip. Pipe desired decoration onto cookie.