Turkey, corn, tomato, and black bean filling is baked inside a corn tortilla topped with a mild sauce and melted cheese.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for brushing
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 small onion, cut into 1/4-inch dice (about 1/3 cup)
- 12 ounces ground turkey
- 8 corn tortillas (6 inches in diameter)
- 1/3 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/3 cup rinsed and drained canned black beans
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and cut into 1/4-inch dice (about 1/2 cup)
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 3/4 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in medium pan over medium-high heat. Stir in flour, ground coriander, chili powder, and ground cumin; add tomato sauce, 1 cup water, and 3/4 teaspoon salt. Simmer 10 minutes.
Heat remaining tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add onion and turkey. Cook, stirring, until browned, 10 minutes. Brush tortillas with oil; warm in oven 3 minutes.
Stir corn, beans, and tomatoes into turkey; season with salt and pepper. Spread 1/2 cup sauce in an 8-inch baking dish. Top each tortilla with a spoonful of sauce, 1/2 cup turkey, and 1 tablespoon cheese. Roll up; place in dish. Cover with remaining sauce and cheese. Bake until heated through, 15 minutes.
SourceMartha Stewart Kids, Early Summer