Buttermilk Ranch Dressing
Drizzle this creamy dressing over Romaine lettuce, sliced carrots, and black olives.
- Yield: Makes about 1 1/2 cups
Photography: Charles Schiller
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh oregano (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
Whisk together all ingredients in a medium bowl.