Pepperoni, Potato, and Broccoli Rabe Pizzas
Try dried chorizo, soppressata, or cooked Italian sausage in place of pepperoni.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Photography: Con Poulos
Source: Everyday Food, May 2011
- All-purpose flour, for work surface
- 1 pound homemade or store-bought pizza dough, divided
- 2 Yukon Gold potatoes, very thinly sliced
- 2 shallots, very thinly sliced crosswise
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1/2 bunch broccoli rabe (about 1/2 pound), trimmed, cut crosswise into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 ounces sliced pepperoni
- 6 ounces manchego cheese, grated (2 1/2 cups)
Preheat oven to 500 degrees, with racks in middle and lower thirds. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into two 14-inch ovals and transfer to two parchment-lined rimmed baking sheets. In a large bowl, toss potatoes and shallots with 2 teaspoons oil and season with salt and pepper. Arrange potatoes and shallots on dough, leaving a 3/4-inch border. Brush borders with 2 teaspoons oil and bake 5 minutes.
In bowl, toss broccoli rabe with 2 teaspoons oil and season with salt and pepper. Remove sheets from oven and top pizzas with broccoli rabe and pepperoni. Return sheets to oven, rotating, and bake 5 minutes. Top each pizza with cheese and bake until cheese is melted and crust is deep golden brown, 3 minutes. Serve immediately.