Spicy Thai Chicken
If you're looking for something simple to have for Dinner Tonight, prepare this delicious spicy Thai chicken and serve with Jasmine Rice for a meal the whole family can enjoy.
- 2 tablespoons uncooked jasmine rice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 thinly sliced red chile, such as jalapeno or red finger chile
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon palm sugar or light-brown sugar
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh mint leaves, torn if large
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- Lettuce leaves, such as butter or iceberg, for serving
- Sliced cucumber, for serving
- Sliced carrots, for serving
Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add rice and toast, tossing, until golden brown; transfer rice to a small bowl and let cool. Transfer rice to a spice grinder; grind until coarsely ground. Set aside.
In a large skillet, heat vegetable oil over medium heat. Add ground chicken and cook, stirring, to break up large pieces, until chicken is cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes. Stir in chile. In a small bowl, whisk together lime juice, sugar, and fish sauce until sugar has dissolved; add to chicken mixture. Continue cooking for 1 minute more.
Remove from heat and stir in ground rice. Garnish with cilantro, mint, and red onion. Serve chicken in lettuce leaves with cucumber and carrots.
SourceThe Martha Stewart Show, January Winter 2009