This delicious dinner of beef tenderloin with fresh horseradish and black-pepper crust has been adapted from "Emeril's Creole Christmas," written by Emeril Lagasse and Marcelle Bienvenu.
- 1 (3 1/2-pound) beef tenderloin, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Emeril's Original Essence
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 pound fresh horseradish, peeled and grated (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 teaspoon finely ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- Emeril's Homemade Worcestershire Sauce
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Rub tenderloin with oil and Emeril's original essence. Heat a skillet large enough to hold the tenderloin over high heat for 2 minutes. Add meat and sear until evenly browned on all sides, about 2 minutes per side. Remove from heat.
Line a shallow roasting pan fitted with a rack with aluminum foil. Place tenderloin on rack. Rub top and sides of meat with mustard.
Combine horseradish, black pepper, garlic, and salt in a small bowl. Using your hands, press horseradish mixture over the mustard on the top and sides of tenderloin.
Transfer to oven and roast about 30 minutes for rare or 35 minutes for medium-rare. Remove from oven and let stand at least 10 minutes before slicing. Serve hot or warm drizzled with homemade Worcestershire sauce.
SourceThe Martha Stewart Show, December Winter 2008