Easy Salsa Verde
Try serving this mild salsa with poached fish or grilled meats or drizzled over sliced ripe tomatoes. The sauce can also be prepared in a food processor but will have a more pastelike consistency.
- Yield: Makes 2 cups
Source: Martha Stewart Living, August 2001
- 2 cups loosely packed basil leaves
- 2 cups loosely packed picked marjoram
- 2 cups loosely packed flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 2 cups loosely packed mint leaves
- 3 anchovy fillets
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1 1/4 cups extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt, or more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, or more to taste
Finely chop herbs. Transfer to a bowl.
Chop anchovies, garlic, and capers to form a paste; add to herbs. Add oil. Season with salt and pepper; stir to combine.