Mixed Greens with Shallot Vinaigrette
Freshly cut, locally grown lettuce has an earthy flavor, but a mixture of any fresh greens will do.
- Servings: 14
Source: Martha Stewart Living, September 1999
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons walnut oil
- 2 heads red oakleaf lettuce, cores removed, torn into pieces
- 1 head butterhead lettuce, core removed, torn into pieces
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, leaves
- 2 cups (1 pint) cherry tomatoes, halved
Place shallots, mustard, vinegar, parsley, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl, and whisk to combine. Still whisking, slowly add walnut oil. Just before serving, toss with greens, thyme, and tomatoes.