Grilled Pork Chops with Peach-Tomato Barbecue Sauce
Peaches and grated ginger give store-bought tomato sauce a sweet, tangy flavor that pairs perfectly with grilled pork chops.
Photography: Petrina Tinslay
Source: Martha Stewart Living
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 one-inch piece ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 1/2 cups canned tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup peach jam, preferably homemade
- 2 ripe peaches, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch chunks
- 1 tablespoons to 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 pork chops, 6 to 8 ounces each, trimmed of excess fat
Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the chopped onion, and cook until translucent, about 2 minutes. Add the minced garlic and the ginger; cook about 2 minutes more.
Stir in tomato sauce, peach jam, and peaches. Reduce heat to low; simmer until sauce thickens, about 30 minutes. Stir in vinegar to taste. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Remove from heat; let cool.
Pour half the barbecue sauce into a shallow baking dish; add the pork chops, turning to coat both sides. Reserve remaining sauce.
Grill pork chops on a medium-hot grill or grill pan until chops are well marked and cooked through, at least 5 minutes per side. Baste chops with barbecue sauce; rotate during cooking. Remove from grill. Let stand about 10 minutes before serving. Serve with remaining sauce.