Broccoli Rabe with Orange and Cauliflower
Serve this citrusy side dish with roasted chicken or meatloaf.
- Servings: 4
Photography: Con Poulos
Source: Everyday Food, May 2011
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 medium head cauliflower, cored and cut into florets
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 bunch broccoli rabe (about 1 pound), trimmed, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
In a large pot, melt butter over medium-high. Add cauliflower and cook, stirring occasionally, until it begins to brown, 4 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute. Add orange juice and honey; season with salt and pepper and cook until liquid is reduced and syrupy, 3 minutes. Add broccoli rabe and cook, stirring occasionally, until crisp-tender, 3 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve immediately.