Chocolate Dutch Baby
This luscious chocolate cake on a skillet has very little flour and takes only 25 minutes. Serve hot.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 8
Photography: Con Poulos
Source: Everyday Food, May 2011
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar, for dusting
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a blender, combine milk, eggs, flour, cocoa powder, salt, vanilla, and granulated sugar. Blend until foamy, 1 minute. In a large cast-iron skillet, melt butter over medium. Pour batter into skillet and immediately transfer to oven. Bake until puffed and set, 20 minutes. Dust with confectioners' sugar and serve immediately.