Green Salad with Crumbled Eggs
Crumbled eggs pick up the briny flavor of capers and the freshness of parsley to bring a textural element to this salad.
- Servings: 4
Photography: Con Poulos
Source: Everyday Food, May 2011
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, whites and yolks separated
- 2 tablespoons capers, rinsed, drained, and chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 head red-leaf lettuce, torn into 2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced radishes
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- Red wine vinaigrette
With your fingers, press eggs through a sieve into a bowl. Mix in capers and parsley. Place lettuce and radishes in a serving bowl. Sprinkle with egg mixture and season with salt and pepper. Serve with red wine vinaigrette.