Green and White Bean Salad with Tuna
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 3/4 pound green beans, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 can (15.5 ounces) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 can (5 ounces) solid white tuna packed in water, drained and broken into pieces
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced pepperoncini (about 9)
In a medium pot of boiling salted water, cook green beans until bright green and crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Drain, rinse under cool water to stop the cooking, and pat dry.
In a large bowl, whisk together vinegar and oil and season to taste with salt and pepper. Add green beans, cannellini beans, onion, tuna, and pepperoncini and stir to combine. Serve immediately.
SourceEveryday Food, May 2011