Green and White Bean Salad with Tuna
Tuna, cannellini beans, green beans, and red onion are matches made in salad heaven -- toss them in a simple dressing of white-wine vinegar and olive oil for a light and refreshing lunch or dinner.
Photography: Manuel Rodriguez
Source: Everyday Food, May 2011
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 3/4 pound green beans, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 can (15.5 ounces) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 can (5 ounces) solid white tuna packed in water, drained and broken into pieces
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced pepperoncini (about 9)
In a medium pot of boiling salted water, cook green beans until bright green and crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Drain, rinse under cool water to stop the cooking, and pat dry.
In a large bowl, whisk together vinegar and oil and season to taste with salt and pepper. Add green beans, cannellini beans, onion, tuna, and pepperoncini and stir to combine. Serve immediately.