Frisee and Apple Salad
This salad goes well with roasted chicken, pork chops, or sausages.
- 1/4 cup sour cream or creme fraiche
- 4 teaspoons champagne or white-wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 large head frisee (about 7 ounces), cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 apple, such as Honeycrisp, Pink Lady, or Gala, cored and thinly sliced
In a small bowl, whisk together sour cream or creme fraiche, champagne or white-wine vinegar, and honey. Season with salt and pepper.
In a large bowl, toss frisee and apple with enough dressing to coat. Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately.
SourceEveryday Food, May 2011