Some baubles are just too pretty to put away at the end of the day. But with a jewelry holder and display case made from a basic shadow box, you'll have less clutter, more chances to admire your favorite pieces, and everything within reach.
All you need to add to the inside of the box are hooks; the hardware for hanging the box is already mounted on the back.
Tools and Materials:
- 11-inch-by-14-inch shadow box
- Craft knife or scissors
- Wallpaper remnant
- All-purpose glue, such as Yes paste
- Screw hooks
Shadow Box Jewelry Holder How-To:
1. Remove the glass from the shadow box. Cut a wallpaper remnant to fit the back of the box, and adhere with glue.
2. Create a layout of hooks. Drill holes for screw hooks in the backing. Insert hooks.
3. Hang shadow box on wall using attached hardware.
Faceted chrysoprase teardrop earrings (top left), and cushion-cut faceted green-amethyst earrings (third from top); margomorrison.com.