For the Garnish
- One 8-ounce package buckwheat soba noodles
- 2 ounces pea shoots (watercress or mizuna can be substituted)
- 1/2 mango, pitted, peeled, and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 3 tablespoons mango-lime glaze, from Mango and Lime-Glazed Chicken recipe
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter, without sugar or salt
- 1/3 cup rice-wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Asian sesame oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons roasted unsalted peanuts, coarsely chopped
Cook the soba noodles until al dente, about 7 minutes. Drain in a colander, and rinse with cold water. Transfer to a large bowl.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together peanut butter, vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, and salt until well combined and smooth. Pour peanut sauce over the noodles. Add pea shoots, mango, and glaze; toss to combine. Sprinkle with chopped peanuts, and serve immediately.
SourceMartha Stewart Living, March 1997