Yogurt-Marinated Lamb Kebabs
This delicious recipe can be found in "The Joy of Cooking."
- Servings: 6
Source: The Martha Stewart Show, February Winter 2007
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon tumeric
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 pounds boneless leg of lamb, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 zucchini, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 yellow squash, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Grape tomatoes
- Fresh bay leaves (optional)
In a large bowl, mix together yogurt, garlic, curry, and tumeric; season with salt and pepper. Add lamb and toss to coat. Marinate, covered, refrigerated, 2 to 3 hours.
If using bamboo or wooden skewers, place in a shallow dish and cover with water, 30 minutes before meat is ready to cook.
Preheat a grill pan. Thread lamb pieces onto skewers, alternating lamb with vegetables and bay leaves, if desired. Place skewers on grill pan and cook until meat has reached desired degree of doneness, about 10 minutes for medium-rare.