Homemade granola is a nourishing breakfast. Use olive oil, which has many healthful properties, and pure maple syrup to bind rolled oats, raisins, and nuts before baking them.
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup dried unsweetened coconut chips
- 1 cup pecans or walnuts, quartered
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Mix together oats, coconut, nuts, syrup, oil, sugar, sesame seeds, salt, and nutmeg. Spread granola in an even layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake, stirring every 10 minutes, for 40 minutes. Add raisins, and bake until granola is toasted, about 10 minutes more. Let cool completely.