Chocolate Frosting for One-Bowl Chocolate Cake
Top our One-Bowl Chocolate Cake with this frosting.
- Yield: Makes 4 cups
Source: Martha Stewart Living, April 2010
- 2 1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- Pinch of salt
- 6 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 9 ounces bittersweet chocolate, melted and cooled slightly
- 3/4 cup creme fraiche, or sour cream
Sift together sugar, cocoa, and salt.
Beat cream cheese and butter with a mixer on medium-high speed until smooth. Reduce speed to medium-low; gradually add sugar-cocoa mixture, and beat until combined. Pour in chocolate in a slow, steady stream. Add creme fraiche; beat until combined.