- 1/2 pound sifted confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened Dutch-process cocoa powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 ounces (6 tablespoons) unsalted butter, softened
- 9 ounces bittersweet chocolate, melted
- 3/4 cup sour cream
Sift sugar, cocoa powder, and salt into a large bowl. Beat cream cheese and butter with a mixer on medium-high speed until fluffy, about 4 minutes. Reduce speed to low. Beat in sugar mixture. Beat in chocolate, then sour cream. Use immediately.