A side dish of jasmine rice can complete any meal and is simple to prepare. Try it with Spicy Thai Chicken for a wonderful Dinner Tonight.
- Servings: 4
Source: The Martha Stewart Show, January Winter 2009
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 (1-inch) piece lemongrass, from the bottom 4 inches only, very finely chopped
- 1 shallot, finely chopped (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 1 cup homemade or store-bought low-sodium chicken stock
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 2 scallions, green part only, sliced diagonally, for garnish
In a small saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add lemongrass, shallot, and garlic; cook, stirring, until fragrant and translucent, about 1 minute.
Add rice and mix to coat with oil; cook until slightly toasted, about 1 minute. Add 1 cup water, stock, and salt; stir to combine. Cover and cook until liquid is absorbed and rice is cooked through, about 15 minutes.
Remove from heat and let stand, covered, 5 to 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork and garnish with scallions; serve immediately.