Source: The Martha Stewart Show, September 2010
- 8 ounces peekytoe crab meat, picked over for shells
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fennel fronds
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped, seeded serrano chile
- 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 4 (3/4-inch-thick) slices sourdough bread
- 1/2 cup Aioli for Peekytoe Crab Toast
- 8 lemon wedges
In a large bowl, combine crab meat, fennel fronds, serrano chile, 3 tablespoons olive oil, and salt; set aside.
Drizzle bread with remaining 1/4 cup olive oil. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add bread and cook, turning once, until golden and crisp on each side.
Remove bread from skillet and spread one side of each slice with aioli; top with crab mixture. Cut each slice of bread into quarters and top crab with a dollop of aioli. Serve immediately with lemon wedges.