Source: The Martha Stewart Show, April 2010
- 2 cups seasoned rice-wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons coarse salt
- 2 tablespoons sambal chili paste
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds
- 3 kirby cucumbers, sliced and/or quartered
- 3 breakfast radishes, trimmed and halved lengthwise
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- Extra-virgin olive oil
In a large saucepan bring 2 cups water, vinegar, sugar, salt, chili paste, and coriander seeds to a boil over medium-high heat.
Place cucumbers and radishes in a medium heatproof container; pour hot liquid over cucumbers and radishes; weigh down with a plate to submerge. Cover and transfer to refrigerator until chilled, at least 24 hours and up to 3 days.
Drain and toss with cilantro leaves. Drizzle with olive oil before serving.