Roasted Parsley Root
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1 cup long beans or green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 cups peeled 2-inch cubes parsley root or celery root
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped thyme
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped mint
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts, chopped
Bring half of the lemon juice and 2 cups water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add beans and simmer for 2 minutes. Remove from liquid with a slotted spoon; set aside. Add parsley root to liquid and cook for 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
Add olive oil to skillet and heat over medium heat. Add garlic, thyme, and parsley root; cook, stirring, until garlic is golden, about 5 minutes. Stir in maple syrup, butter, remaining lemon juice, and salt; cook for 2 minutes. Stir in soy sauce, parsley, mint, beans, and toasted pine nuts. Toss to combine and cook until just heated through.