This sazerac drink recipe is courtesy of Ti Adelaide Martin and Lally Brennan, authors of "In the Land of Cocktails."
- Yield: Makes 1 cocktail
Source: The Martha Stewart Show, July Summer 2008
- 1 tablespoon Absinthe
- 2 ounces rye whiskey, preferably Sazerac rye or Old Overholt
- 1/2 teaspoon Ti Adelaide Martin and Lally Brennan's Simple Syrup
- 4 to 5 dashes Peychaud's bitters
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters
- 1 lemon twist, white pith removed, for garnish
Pour Absinthe into a rocks glass; swirl to coat. Pour out any excess Absinthe; fill glass with ice to chill.
Place rye, simple syrup, and bitters in a cocktail shaker; fill with ice. Cover and shake vigorously.
Discard ice from rocks glass and strain rye mixture into glass. Rub rim of glass with lemon twist and add to cocktail; serve immediately.