Billy's Chocolate Buttercream Frosting
Billy Reece of Billy's Bakery, a popular New York City bakery, shared this tempting recipe with Martha -- go ahead and have a taste!
- Yield: Makes enough for 30 cupcakes
Source: The Martha Stewart Show, May 2006
- 2 cups (4 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted and cooled
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 5 cups confectioners' sugar
In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter until smooth and creamy, 2 to 3 minutes. With mixer on low speed, add chocolate until just combined. Add milk, vanilla, and sugar; mix on medium until well combined, being careful not to overmix.