Serve this asparagus salad with Crawfish Etouffee, both recipes courtesy of chef Emeril Lagasse, for a delicious dinner sure to satisfy any seafood lover.
- Servings: 6
Source: The Martha Stewart Show, March 2009
- 2 pounds asparagus, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup champagne or white-wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh herbs, such as basil, chives, or flat-leaf parsley
Prepare an ice-water bath; set aside. Place asparagus in a steamer basket set over a pot of boiling water. Cover and steam until just tender. Remove and transfer to ice-water bath until cool. Remove and pat dry. Place asparagus on a platter (or divide between 6 individual plates); set aside.
In a medium bowl, whisk together shallot, garlic, mustard, salt, pepper, and vinegar. While whisking constantly, add the oil in a slow, steady stream until completely incorporated. Whisk in the herbs. Drizzle vinaigrette over asparagus. Serve immediately.