This easy dip is a lower-fat version of traditional hummus.
- 2 heads of garlic
- 1 can (15-ounce) garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (from 2 lemons)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup part-skim Ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Pinch allspice
- 1/3 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wrap garlic heads in aluminum foil. Cook in oven until very soft, about 30 minutes. Remove from oven, and allow to cool in foil.
When cool, cut each head in half horizontally, and squeeze cloves into the bowl of a food processor. Add remaining ingredients, and puree until smooth. Add up to 2 tablespoons water if mixture is too thick.