Alexis's Brown Sugar Chocolate Chip Cookies
Unlike traditional recipes, this batter produces very flat and crisp chocolate chip cookies. Use an ice cream scoop to ensure even baking and uniform size. They spread wide on the pan while baking.
- 1 pound (4 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature, plus more for baking sheets
- 3 cups packed light-brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups best-quality chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cream butter until smooth; add sugars, and beat until smooth. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Into a large bowl, sift together dry ingredients. Slowly beat dry ingredients into wet mixture. Fold in chocolate chips.
Drop 2 to 3 tablespoons dough per cookie onto ungreased baking sheets; space dough at least 2 inches apart to allow for spreading. Bake until golden, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove cookies from baking sheets, and allow to cool on baking racks.