Under 30 Minutes
Herbed Salad with Ginger Vinaigrette
Whatever herbs you have on hand -- basil, parsley, cilantro, mint, you name it -- can be used up in this salad. This recipe is adapted from Jennifer Trainer Thompson's "Jump Up and Kiss Me" (Ten Speed; 1996).
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon minced peeled fresh ginger (from one 1/2-inch piece)
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 10 cups torn mixed lettuce (such as Bibb, Boston, and red-leaf)
- 2 1/2 cups mixed fresh herbs (such as basil, flat-leaf parsley, cilantro, and mint)
Whisk together oil, lemon juice, vinegar, ginger, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Toss lettuce with herbs. Drizzle 1/4 cup vinaigrette over salad; season with salt and pepper, and toss. Serve salad with remaining dressing on the side.
SourceMartha Stewart Living, August 2010