Under 30 Minutes
Iceberg Lettuce with Blue Cheese Vinaigrette
Salad is easy when you don't have to chop, shred, or tear any greens. Just quarter a head of iceberg lettuce, and top with a zesty blue cheese vinaigrette.
- 3 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese (1 ounce)
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, quartered into wedges
Whisk together vinegar, shallot, and mustard. Pour in oil in a slow, steady stream, whisking constantly until emulsified. Whisk in half the blue cheese. Season with salt.
Arrange lettuce wedges on a platter. Drizzle with vinaigrette. Sprinkle with remaining blue cheese, and season with pepper.
SourceMartha Stewart Living, August 2010