Serve this fresh salsa as a topping for tortilla chips or as a condiment for grilled steak or shrimp.
- 2 medium tomatoes, roughly chopped (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 small white onion, diced small (2/3 cup)
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
In a medium bowl, stir together tomatoes, white onion, jalapeno, garlic, and fresh lime juice. Season with coarse salt and ground pepper and stir to combine. Let sit at least 15 minutes (or, covered, up to 4 hours). Stir in cilantro leaves just before serving.
SourceEveryday Food, June 2010