Caramelized Orange Pork Roast
Raising the oven temperature during the last half hour of roasting ensures a crisp, caramelized crust.
- 1 cup sweet white wine, like Gewurztraminer
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup stone-ground honey mustard
- 1 orange, zest and juice
- 1/2 cup Sriracha chili sauce
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 6 to 8 pound pork shoulder
Whisk together all ingredients inside a large oval Dutch oven. Place in pork and coat with sauce, turning several times while it marinates for at least 4 hours.
Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Place covered pot in oven and cook for 4 hours. Raise heat to 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes. Remove cover and cook another 30 minutes, basting a couple of times. Shred the meat in the liquid and serve.