This vinaigrette is perfect on our Red Lettuce, Asian Pear, and Mint Salad.
- Yield: Makes about 1/2 cup
Source: Martha Stewart Living, December 2007
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1 tablespoon champagne vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Pinch of coarse salt
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
Stir together shallot, vinegar, lemon juice, and salt in a small bowl, and let stand for 10 minutes. Pour in oil in a slow, steady stream, whisking until emulsified. Season with pepper.