For hotter salsa, add more jalapenos to taste.
- Yield: Makes 2 cups
Source: Martha Stewart Living, May 2000
- 2 ripe tomatoes (10 ounces)
- 1/4 cup yellow onion, finely diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
Slice tomatoes in half, and scrape seeds into a bowl. Strain out seeds, and reserve liquid. Coarsely chop tomato halves.
Place tomatoes, tomato liquid, onion, jalapeno, and cilantro in a bowl; stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper.